Saturday 23 March 2013

Podcasting.. overlooked and underused?

Reading Eashe's article on podcasting (2006, http://www.infotoday.com/cilmag/apr06/Eash.shtml) it occurred to me that I have been incredibly dense. I had what I thought was the great idea of getting the children to write stories, or any other creative efforts, in their spare moments and to then rcord them using Audacity. This has been successful so far, at least with some of them anyway. I intended to find the time to share these in class, but the curriculum being what it is we have nowhere near enough time.Now I know that I should have been releasing these audio files as podcasts for all to share. Parents could even sign up for an RSS feed if I look into it properly.
Beyond that, I should be getting them to post reviews and lectures of their own to share what they have learned in a real and motivating way. It is so easy to do, but it is also so easy to overlook the obvious possibilities presented by a technology until you step back and look at the broader picture. Next term then..

No comments:

Post a Comment