Saturday 20 August 2011

Some people are on the pitch...

..They think it's all over.

.. It is now!

Well, all I can say is that I am soooo glad I live in Brisbane right now. Without the two days off for the EKKA my assignments would have involved some very late nights this weekend.

Having said that, I feel that now is an appropriate time to follw Mr Herring's PLUS model and self-evaluate my information literacy performance. I may have finished on time, but do I feel confident that I've produced quality assignments?
Well, yes and no. I don't think I could have done much more reading in the time available, and I attempted to read around the subject as much as possible. I think I stuck to the brief for each assignment as accurately as possible, and I ought to feel confident about them.
I can't escape that niggling feeling that there's something I'm missing. Was there a crucial article that I didn't read? Does it sound professional or like the gibberings of a teenage monkey?

What I think this process really reveals is how emotionally fraught the learning process can be. I think all those on the course returning to study after a prolonged break will agree that, while familiarity may breed contempt, at least it might also bring peace of mind. Hopefully the next ones may be a tad less stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment