Friday 21 October 2011

Nothing so nice...

Well, the song says that there's nothing so nice as messing about on the river. However, I just finished reading Thor Heyerdahl's Kon-Tiki Expedition and now have the irresistible urge to spend three months messing about on the Pacific. It's amazing how he makes what almost everyone considered to be a suicide mission sound like the jolliest holiday ever. Just goes to show you should never listen too carefully to the experts.

Unfortunately my wife says I can't spend the next three months floating on a raft across the Pacific. Instead I will be getting stuck into ETL503 Resourcing the Curriculum. The subject outline is available and my first text book has arrived in the post, so there's really no excuse for delay. I just hope that my journey also has lots of interesting fish and not too many storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment