Tuesday 26 July 2011

Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Librarians of War!

Amazing to think I remember so much from my A-Level English Lit that I should misquote the same Shakespeare speech twice in the space of a week.

Anyway, I am getting the distinct impression that I am undergoing some sort of brainwashing process. I believe that Lyn Hay et al are creating an army of  teacher librarians that they can send out into the field to fight their war for them. Having read 'School Libraries 21C' I was struck by the impression that todays TLs are fighting a war for recognition, not only as part of the eduactional team, but as teachers of excellence. However, I detect a note of desperation.

Could it be that there a large number of old-style TLs out there who are holding back the image of the profession? Could it also be that CSU aims to combat this complacency by turning out an army of zealots who will carry forth their key messages of collaboration and instructional leadership?

All I know is that Ms Hay's Number 1 recommendation was that TLs stop whinging and take up the sword (maybe not in those precise words, but I got the message).

So, Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead! (That one was from Gladiator..maybe not Shakespeare but still a cracking quote!)

2 comments:

  1. I love the visual image of an army of new librarians going to war with the older generation. Sounds like a Monty Python skit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam, I had problems when initially trying to leave comments. When you are first directed to the google sign in page make sure you uncheck the box to stay signed in and re type your password. You should be right then.

    ReplyDelete